On Monday, Dave and a few volunteers will send a 40-foot container of packaged meals and blankets to Sierra Leone. This was prompted by the loss of a donated warehouse space with 8 days to vacate the location. PRAISE GOD there was a temporary space to move the meal packaging supplies, and volunteers to help move the rest to our COTN-Silverdale campus. The shipment will arrive in Freetown in March 2014 and provide over 200,000 meal servings and 500+ blankets for the children surrounding our Banta Ministry Center.
The COTN Finance Office has been blessed to receive so many donation checks to enter that Renee and her staff are searching for more volunteers and even some COTN staff to help enter gifts into our database. Yes, this is a great problem to have, as our partners and sponsors across the US have been amazingly generous this year. If you are available to volunteer at our Silverdale offices 1-2 days a week, and are interested in serving with Renee in the Finance Office, please apply here.
DR/Haiti Trip Update:
Our 'squad' is halfway through training and planning for our projects, which include:
- Bringing quilts for our VPP children in Haiti
- Water rescue & CPR training
- Pool improvement and safety station at Casa Bethesda Mission House (where most teams stay while serving in the DR). The Casa is also used as a reward for our students in VPP.
Funding for Dave & Renee's trip:
- Total Funds Needed - $5,000
- Received so far - $1,700 - THANK YOU!
- Funds still needed by December 31st for plane tickets- $1,300
- To give toward our trip - CLICK HERE