Friends and family,
This a LONG OVERDUE update from Dave and Renee' Schertzer, serving with Children of the Nations.
The past 6 months have been overfilled with ministry expansion, answered prayers, new children who are in school and now cared for in our orphan homes, and so much more.
Before we jump into more exciting projects, we wanted to send everyone a quick email blast to celebrate with us answered prayers and also to pray with us for upcoming projects.
Please join us in celebration for:
- God's provision for COTN to grow and for our children who are growing into young adults.
- Beth Michaelsen joining Renee's Finance staff to support short-term missions invoicing and finance data entry.
- Jim Stuart joining our staff as Silverdale Facilities Manager. This will lift a burden from Dave's duties so he can focus on more overseas shipments of food, clothing and school supplies.
- A bit of relax time in September for Dave and Renee' in Yellowstone - thanks to the Rockstroms for sharing their timeshare to make this trip possible.
- Continued faithful prayers and financial suppot for our ministry work here in the USA and around the world.
Please be in prayer for:
- Ability to prioritize our time daily, as there are tons of demands in our growing ministry.
- More people to be receptive to join our monthly support team. Our 2010 goal is to raise $100,000 for our department needs, our staff positions and ministry expenses.
- Fundraising for Dave's February trip to Sierra Leone. Dave needs $1,200 by November 20th to purchase his plane tickets - This is the lowest cost we have ever seen.
- Another support-raising staff member to join our team as the Volunteer Coordinator by December 15th. This position is full-time and would be an encouragement to our volunteers and staff.
- Our current season of "Share the Vision" events to provide 350 child sponsors and to raise $150,000 in school fees for all for our children.
- A successful food packaging event at Lopez High School December 18th - many meals made and students challenged towards future overseas outreach.
- An opportunity for Dave and team leader Jim Jackson to share details of the Sierra Leone Construction Trip to contractors and the Lopez Church Missions Committee December 19th.
- Dave's sermon preperation for Lopez Community Church service December 20th - "A Christmas Gift List for the Nations".
- Wisdom in 2010 goalsetting for both the Resource and Finance Departments.